Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wendy's Crepe - Breakfast


Wendy's Crepe cooking on stove!
Yes, in the Pearce's House, we eat our breakfast on paper! Easy cleanup and easy to get out of the house on time!

Even Tucher enjoys these crepes!


Wendy Chant was an author of the diet book called "Crack the Fat Loss Code" My mom achieved well at her weight loss by using this diet as her guide. I never met Wendy but I saw results in her diet plan first hand. My mom used to always talk about eating these "crepes" for breakfast and while at the beach, she whipped me up one. I think that I have had them every day since!

I love how quick and easy they are and the toppings are endless. I am using fresh fruit as my main topping since the season for them is in peak. Fall, winter, and spring can mean a whole new topping to explore!

So, in honor of Wendy, here is her crepe in my own version

Wendy's Crepe
Combine oats, egg whites, water, and protein powder in a bowl and stir well. Then add in cinnamon and salt. Stir again. Place small skillet on burner on medium to high heat. Spray the pan with nonstick spray, then add the oats mixture. Be sure to evenly spread out the oats into the pan. Top with the blueberries and raspberries or other fruits of choice. When the "crepe" begins to firm where the liquid is almost gone, flip the crepe over and allow to cook for about 1 more minute. basically this just allows the berries to soften and warm. Note that it is hard to flip over with the berries but try to just adjust them underneath the crepe so your finished product is even. Take off of burner and transfer onto plate. You can add the goat cheese if using. My mom eats hers without goat cheese, instead using maple syrup or a no sugar added syrup.... like I said, endless possibilities! I think that a nice nut butter would be equally as good or even a flavored cream cheese!

I love starting off my day with these. They keep me very full for sure

No comments:

Post a Comment