Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Daddy Sam's Salmon


Salmon is one of those fishes you either love or hate. I personally love it, but Ryan hasn't always been a fan. It is in season right now and when you go to your fishmonger they are offering about 5 different types of it. I love the King Salmon, but the Coho and Sockeye are also delicious. I don't care for Keta however, a bit too mushy for me. It used to be that when Ryan asked me what we were having for dinner and I said salmon, he would ask what leftovers we had in the fridge. However, once I started basting our salmon in Daddy Sam's Slap in on Salmon Sauce, he started loving it! It also helps that we cook it on our Kamado Joe on a Cedar Plank....



Daddy Sam's Salmon
From the Pearce's Kitchen

2 salmon filets (about 6-8 ounces each)
4 tablespoons Daddy Sam's Salmon Glaze
1 cedar plank (presoaked for at least 1 hour)

Preheat grill to 350 degrees. Place the salmon on the cedar plank and top with the salmon. Smother the salmon in the Daddy Sam's Salmon Glaze. Cook for 12-15 until flaky but not overdone.

*Note, you can also put this in the oven and bake it at 350. Just place the salmon on a baking sheet, top with the daddy sam's sauce and bake uncovered for 12-15 minutes (depending on the thickness and size of your salmon)



2 comments:

  1. you made this look crazy easy (and yummy!) - I want to try it asap! Must find that sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is crazy easy and yummy! This sauce it like a bbq sauce almost but thicker and better. I will bring you some when i see you next if you want to try it

    ReplyDelete