Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Pecan Pumpkin Squares


Our First Halloween Pumpkin as the "Pearces"

The big pumpkin is the one we carved


And now for the Pumpkin Pecan Squares:

YOU NEED THIS! Order from Williams & Sonoma or from Muirhead

Take a look at all the recipes that use this fabulous product JUST on the Muirhead website! I use this pumpkin butter in my oatmeal and it really takes an ordinary oatmeal breakfast to something much greater! Next up - pumpkin butter pancakes.... I'll let you know how it goes of course!


Ingredients: Click on pic to make larger if needed

And the Final PRODUCT! YUMMY


This recipe has been one of my favorites since 2005 when I was shopping at Williams and Sonoma and came across Muirhead Pumpkin Butter. I have made these squares numerous times and they always get the highest compliments. I love them for Halloween and for Thanksgiving celebrations, and they make a great guilty snack!

Pecan Pumpkin Squares
from Williams and Sonoma

1 Box yellow cake mix, divided
1/2 cup melted butter
1/4 to 1/2 cup softened butter (I started with 1/4 c. then had to add another 1/4 c.)
3 large eggs
1 jar Muirhead Pumpkin Pecan Butter
1/8 cup milk
1 TBS flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Reserve 1 cup of the cake mix. Mix remaining mix with 1/2 cup melted butter and then add 1 large egg. Stir completely and then press lightly into a 9 x 13 pan.

Mix pumpkin butter with 2 eggs and 1/8 cup of milk. Pour over cake mixture.

Mix 1 cup of reserved cake mix with flour, sugar, cinnamon, and 1/4 cup softened butter. It should resemble crumbs. Spread evenly over the top of the pumpkin layer and bake at 350 degree for 40 minutes or until golden (I baked for about 45 minutes because after just 40 it was still very gooey in the middle - oven cooking times will vary) Do the toothpick method to check for doneness and remember when the squares cool it will continue to cook in the pan!

When squares are completely cooled, cut into the size square you desire and ENJOY!


I hope that you love pumpkin butter as much as I do!

2 comments:

  1. OMG! That sounds/looks so yummy!!! Peacan pumpkin butter in my oatmeal - sign me up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even tell you how yummy it is! I also make pumpkin butter smoothies which are great too. Try it ou

    ReplyDelete