Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Mexican Flat Breads


Black Bean Flat breads


This recipe is one that is a go to for me when I want a quick and easy Hot lunch. Lunch is always one of those meals that I always dread because I usually want something hot but don't have time to fix it (i.e. sandwiches and salads start to get boring to me). This one meets both of those requirements and I love it.


Mexican Flat Breads

Recipe from the Pearce's Kitchen

1 whole wheat flour tortilla
1 can organic black beans
1 small can diced green chilies
1 cup prepared salsa
1 ounce shredded cheese (I love Cabot 50% Reduced Fat Jalapeno Cheddar)
Additional toppings of choice - sliced avocado or guacamole, fresh cilantro, fresh jalepenos, sour cream, fresh tomatoes

Heat oven to 400. Place tortilla on baking sheet sprayed with nonsick cooking spray. Allow to cool until almost crispy, just past where it is soft. This takes about 4 minutes. In the meantime, cook the black beans, green chilies, and salsa in saucepan until warm. Then take the tortilla out of oven, turn onto the other side and top with the black bean mixture. Top with the shredded cheese and place back in the oven until the cheese is melted. Remove and top with any toppings that you would enjoy!

Easy as that! I do like to serve mine with a nice salad and of course guacamole is always on the side for me! I also save the black bean mixture for another 1 or 2 meals!

I am loving this cheese! Kelly from Fitting Back In/Healthified Kitchen Loves Cabot cheeses and encouraged me to get on the bandwagon! I always steered clear of reduced fat cheese because it usually doesn't melt well, but this gem is AMAZING! I am slowly becoming obsessed with Cabot Cheese!


No comments:

Post a Comment