If you don't eat shrimp, try subbing tofu or chicken....
Stir Fried Shrimp, Egg, and Greens
- 3/4 cup organic (non GMO) brown rice
- - 4 eggs
- - 2 TBS + 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- - 2 TBS canola oil or other high heat oil
- - 1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp with tails removed
- - 6 scallions, chopped small
- - 1 TBS chopped FRESH ginger
- - 2 Garlic cloves
- - 6 cups stemmed and chopped collard greens (I often use 1 bunch of lacciato kale and 1 bunch of baby bok choy, or a mix of whatever leafy greens I have in fridge!)
- - 1-2 TBS rice vinegar
- - Red chili flakes to taste
- - Asian Chili Sauce, for the topping
- Cook the rice according to the package directions. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and ½ teaspoon of the soy sauce. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the egg mixture and cook, stirring and tilting the pan, until just set, 1 to 2 minutes. Fold the egg in half and transfer to a cutting board; cut into 1-inch strips.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the skillet. Add the shrimp and cook, tossing occasionally, until opaque throughout, 4 to 6 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- Add the scallions, ginger, and garlic to the drippings in the skillet and cook for 1 minute. Add the collard greens and cook, tossing often, until tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the rice, vinegar, shrimp, egg, chili flakes, and the remaining 2 tablespoons of soy sauce to the skillet and cook, tossing, until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve with the chili sauce drizzled on top.