Sunday, March 6, 2011

Kale Chips


I have talked before about the benefits of kale, but did you know they can turn into chips!!! Yes, you heard that right, CHIPS... To quote Ryan "These are like nothing I have ever had, but I like them!"


I had some kale leftover in my fridge and decided to see what the rave was all about for kale chips. The recipe is SIMPLE. As long as you have kale, olive oil, salt, pepper, and whatever other seasonings you would like, it is good to go!

So, before I continue to rave, let's get to the recipe!

Kale Chips

recipe from Kath Eats (one of my favorite favorite blogs.... she is a fellow RD, and she has a youtube video of her cooking these!)

1 bunch kale, stems removed and broken into "chip" sized pieces
2 tsp olive oil or cooking olive spray
salt to taste
sprinkle with parmesan cheese (or another type of cheese or seasoning)

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Wash the kale and be sure that it is very dry (use your salad spinner). Place the kale on a baking sheet that is lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Be sure not to stack, you want them well spread out. Drizzle with the olive oil, sprinkle with salt and a light sprinkle of parmesan. Bake for 15 minutes until the edges are slightly browning. You want it to be crispy when you remove it from oven.

I dipped mine in ketchup and tried them in marinara. I like them both, but I also like them just plain. Such a fun way to get crunch that is very healthy!

Let me know if you brave them and how you like!

And, please notice the new labels at the top of page! I worked hard to get these started for you to enjoy! I have finished the recipe index page, so if you are looking for a recipe that is your go-to place. I am working on the other labels, and I will likely change them up, but I just wanted to get some new stuff going. Hope you like!

1 comment:

  1. Love kale chips! Halley and I ate 10 cups of kale in 1 day because of this delicious recipe!

    ReplyDelete