Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Grapefruit




Grapefruit has never been one of my favorite fruits. However, I discovered these jewels while shopping at Whole Foods. They had samples and I was starving, so I thought, why not? Although I knew that they were going to be "bitter" I still grabbed one. WOW! Nice surprise when they were so juicy and sweet! I bought 3 that day. These particular ones that are perfect right now are from Texas, called Rio Stars. I love them, and have boughten about 5 more since that day.

However, I didn't have a grapefruit spoon.... I searched my kitchen high and low thinking that there has to be one somewhere in there. After exhausting looking in each drawer, I left to go find one. After going from Target to Williams-Sonoma to Pottery Barn to Macy's I was getting a little frustrated! Didn't these stores know that grapefruit season is here and I have this new obsession with this fruit! I FINALLY found spoons at the Cook's Store in Mountain Brook. I think that the ladies there thought that I had just won the lottery when I saw they had Grapefruit Spoons! Little things in life excite me, I know!

While there is no recipe for this post, please try to find you some Grapefruit that are as delicious as the ones the Pearce's Kitchen is enjoying! And, stock up on those grapefruit spoons, you never know when you might need one!

No comments:

Post a Comment