Monday, January 25, 2010

Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup

For my bridesmaid luncheon at Miss Rosemarie's Tea Room we had delicious food and one of my favorite was the "Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup". Jeannie, one of my mom's friend who was there loved the recipe so much that she looked up the recipe online and found something close to the recipe. It was delicious, we made it tonight.

Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup:

Inspired by Jeannie and Miss Rosemarie's Tea Room
Adapted from Cooking Light Magazine

1 pound grass fed ground beef

2 cups chopped organic bell peppers (red, green, yellow)

1 cup chopped yellow onion

1/4 tsp black pepper

1 can organic less-sodium beef broth (I like the Pacific Brand)

1 can organic less-sodium diced tomatoes, undrained (I like Muir-Glen Brand)

1 can organic less-sodium tomato soup, undiluted

hot cooked brown or basmatti rice (optional)


Heat a small Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add small amount of olive oil. Add beef, cook until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain fat. Add chopped peppers and onions, and cook 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in black pepper, broth, tomatoes and tomato soup.

Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer and cook 45 minutes.


If desired, spoon 1/4 cup of hot rice into bowl and then top with one cup of soup.

1 comment:

  1. I loved that soup too! Thanks for the recipe; I am going to try it.

    ReplyDelete