Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Summer Salad

Light and Refreshing


I love making this salad. I often top it with Shrimp or Grilled Chicken, or simply as a side salad. I make a variety of dressings to go along with it or sometimes just a light olive oil and vinaigrette does the trick. This is pretty much our lunch every day!

Summer Salad

Mixed greens and spinach
Fresh Organic Strawberries, cut into quarters
Fresh Organic Blueberries
Walnuts
Slivered Almonds
Dried Cherries

Dressing of your choice (One of my favorite that goes nicely with this is Cindy's Raspberry Nectar Vinaigrette)
*Image From Google Images

2 comments:

  1. This looks great! I've been seeing lots of strawberries in salads lately - i've NEVER had fruit in a salad before. I'd have to pass on the blueberries though - dang allergies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fruit in a salad is one of my favorite add-ins. Love the difference in texture and that subtle sweetness. Give it a try and let me know how you like! Yes, please skip the blueberries....

    ReplyDelete