Sunday, January 2, 2011

It's Easy Being Green Smoothie

These ingredients:
Turned into this:
= pure deliciousness


Back in October my mom gave me the VITAMIX for my birthday! I love it so much, it's fun to use and very powerful, plus it is super easy to clean (which was a huge factor when I was looking into getting one). I was making basic fruit smoothies at first, but have grown to LOVE green smoothies. Yes, you do have to get past the idea that you are drinking Popeye Juice but I promise you will like it.

It's Easy Being Green Smoothie

Recipe from Vitamix "Whole Food Recipes"

Ingredients:
1 cup organic green or red grapes
1 medium orange, peeled and halved (I use Navels)
1/2 cup fresh pineapple chunks, core included
1 medium banana, peeled
1 carrot, halved
2 cups fresh organic spinach, washed
1 medium apple, quartered
6 cups ice cubes

Directions:
Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
Select Variable 1, then turn machine on and quickly increase speed to variable 10, then high. Blend for 1 minute or until desired consistency is reached.

This can also be done in a regular blender, you will just have to blend it longer. It also helps to take the lid off and stir with a spoon to continue getting the ingredients to the bottom.

This make 8 cups and for 1 cup serving it has 52 calories, 1 g protein, 0 g total fat, 13 g carbs, 2 gram fiber, 9 gram sugar.
Let me know if you make one and send me any other green smoothie recipes that you have. I have a couple on my "make soon" list and will post those if they turn out good!

No comments:

Post a Comment