Thursday, July 22, 2010

"Karem" Hummus

I have no picture for this post, but I have a recipe from my friend here in Bham who makes bomb hummus and have to share it! This was my first time making hummus and it was out of this world... after my "taste" tests, there was really hardly any left to share! Please enjoy and I will upload the picture soon, just couldn't find my camera/USB cord tonight...

"Karem" Hummus:

1 can (15 oz) chickpeas (garbanzos)
2 cloves of garlic, peeled
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup tahini
1 lemon - fresh juice

Drain the chickpeas, keeping 1/4 cup of the liquid from the can. Put the liquid from the chickpeas, garlic cloves, chickpeas, lemon juice, salt, and tahini in a food processor and blend until smooth.

Place in a serving dish... It is delicious just like this; but for added benefits, garnish with cayenne pepper, olive oil, and feta. We also have tons of banana pepper and pepperoccini in our garden, so I topped those on as well since Ryan loves them!

Serve with fresh veggies, tortilla chips, pita chips, or whatever else... This Hummus will make anything taste good! Thanks for sharing Rebecca!

5 comments:

  1. I am so excited I made the blog!! The hummus is sooo easy & sooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rebecca for sharing! It is very very easy and so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! I actually think I have all of these ingredients on hand! I'll have to try it next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! We have been trying to do great hummus for ages!!

    ReplyDelete