Monday, February 15, 2010

Greek Pasta Bake

Hello All!
Last week was another crazy week, we did eat well, but I am still slacking on my blogging. I am currently finishing my year long training program at Pilates on Highland. I test out next Wednesday, then I will be a full instructor! So, needless to say between the papers to write and the reformer work that I am attempting to master, it is crazy!

Other than that, we had a great Valentine's Day. I will post some yummy recipes from what I made on Vday for our neighbors on another post, but it was super delicious so you will want to check those recipes out.

For now, here is the Greek Pasta Bake (once again with no pictures-I am too lazy to upload them!)

Greek Pasta Bake (adapted from Tasty Kitchen)

3 chicken breasts (diced into bite size chunks)
8 oz whole wheat penne pasta
28 oz tomato sauce
1 jar artichokes (drained)
1 jar roasted red peppers (drained)
14.5 diced tomatoes (drained)
1 bag of chopped frozen spinach (thaw it out and then squeeze it until it is dry)
1/2 cup of onion
1 can (2.25 oz) sliced black or green olives
1 bell pepper (I used a yellow one)
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
2 Tbs red pepper flakes
1/2 or more cups mozzarella cheese (I used smoked Mozzarella Cheese which was amazing!)
1/2 cups Crumbled feta cheese (I must be honest and say that I didn't measure, so I probably used more!)

Instructions:
Oven preheated to 400 Degrees
Boil water and start cooking pasta, drain when al dente
Cook chicken in pan with a little olive oil until cooked through
Combine cooked chicken, pasta, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, spinach, artichokes, roasted peppers, olives, onion, yellow pepper, and spices (basil, oregano, and red pepper flakes). Add a dash of salt and pepper if you wish. Mix this all together well. Then put in 9x13 pan and sprinkle the top with the feta and mozzarella. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly!

You will love this meal, we ate it for several dinners as it dose make a lot for just 2 people, but we love leftovers on busy weeks!

Let me know what you think!




No comments:

Post a Comment