Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Country French Vinaigrette


You have heard me talk multiple times about Penzey's Spices (here, here, here, here, here). I love all of their products and more importantly I love shopping at the store. I get lost in their store for hours and my un-creative mind even starts coming up with ways to use each spice. In the store you can smell each spice, which is a major bonus. Unless you smell a hot chipotle pepper seasoning and start sneezing your head off!



The Country French Vinaigrette has been my go to dressing base. I love how fresh it tastes, you have to rehydrate the spices for 5 minutes in water to accomplish this. The directions are on the back of the jar, making it easy to whip up the dressing in a hurry!



We not only use this as a delicious salad dressing, but also as a topping for broccoli, asparagus, steamed kale, and have even used as a marinade for fish. It works wonderful to create a complex flavor with all the foods I have used it on so far.

I love making Greek Salads with this dressing so here's an easy recipe

Greek Salad

Ingredients:
1 head lettuce or 3 stalks romaine (I usually use whatever lettuce is in my fridge - in the picture above this was a mixed baby lettuce pack)
artichokes in a jar - sliced
kalamata olives (pitted) - halved
grape tomatoes - halved
roasted red and yellow peppers - chopped (you can either make them or buy a jar of them)
chickpeas - drained
sprinkle of parmesan cheese
feta cheese (or could use provolone cheese)
salami - chopped into small squares *optional
pepperocini peppers
Country French Vinaigrette - Penzey's spices (try to order this from penzey's or use a store bought greek dressing to substitute)

Directions:
Mix all of the above together and you have a fresh lunch or dinner salad. I like to toss the dressing with the mixture but remember to start with a little dressing and add more as needed. This dressing is very flavorful so a little goes a long way. I love the ease of this salad. I usually can make 3-4 salads with a jar or can of each of the ingredients listed above. Or use the full jars/can and add some extra lettuce for a large salad to entertain guests with

1 comment:

  1. Kelly...I love Penzey's Spices too!

    -Lindsay

    ReplyDelete