Monday, March 15, 2010

Cleaning out, weight, plus new recipe!


Spring sprung for about 7 days here and now it is back to rain, cold, and grey skies. OH WELL! It at least got me started on some ideas for Spring Cleaning. I am going to do the unthinkable... post a picture of the inside of cabinets and the laundry room (sorry, can't do the closet just yet!) This will hopefully get me to start thinking of cleaning these out so YOU can see the AFTER picture!

This is a pic of the under cabinet where my "filing" system is... Maybe this is why I cannot find my tax information that my CPA needs! It is also Ryan's bag of meds, that will stay there, just hopefully look more organized and cleaned up:

This is directly above the cabinet. So called "recipes" cabinet. Could ANYONE find me the recipe for pulled pork??? Didn't think so because it would takes years and by that time the pork would be spoiled. I am going to 1)go thru all the magazines and loose paper and sort thru the recipes, keeping what I want, 2) we got that nice green leather recipe binder for a wedding present that is personalized- I am going to put my recipes in there instead of being thrown around, and 3) I might just get to use the rest of this space for something else USEFUL!



OK, we also did some redecorating!


Hung some of our pics from the wedding and honeymoon in these Rustic Wood Frames going up the stairs:
And a further away pic:



And FINALLY hung these 25x25 frames with 8x10 in them over our bed! I think that I have wanted to hang these frames for a couple of years now and finally did it! Actually Ryan did hence why they are perfectly straight! More pics from Hawaii (Can you tell we LOVE HAWAII!)

And one last one - sorry for the glare


So, this is turning out to be a long post! Guess that is what happens when you don't blog for over a week...

I lost 1.6 lbs at weight watchers (weighed in last Friday). Overall, I was elated! I did a lot of walking incorporated into pilates and logged all my food, and alcohol (which ADDS up QUICK)
So, I am now into week 2 and things are still going well... except for the Chocolate covered peanut butter pretzels from Trader Joe's that Holly brought me that I can't get out of my mind!

And now for a quick recipe! Let's call it Creamy Chicken Skillet!

Not sure where I got this, but I did find it amongst that dreaded cabinet that you saw up at the top! It was written when I was back at University of Florida so I am not sure who to give props to!

Ingredients:
4 boneless skinless chicken breast - cut into chunks
1 can cream of mushroom
1 jar of sliced mushrooms or fresh mushrooms (whichever you have in kitchen)
6-8 ounces of sour cream
1/4 stick of butter
1 TBS fresh chopped parsely
1 red bell pepper - finely chopped (or you can just add red pepper flakes if you are in a hurry and don't feel like chopping the fresh pepper)

Directions:
Melt butter in skillet
then Add the Chicken and cook for 3 minutes. Then add the mushrooms (including liquid if from a jar) and red pepper. Then Stir in the soup. Cover and cook over low heat until chicken is done (about 10 minutes). Add sour cream, salt and pepper (to taste). Cover and simmer for as long as you can. This can be served over basmati rice or spaghetti.

The recipe for the asparagus will come in next post.... just to keep you wanting to come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment