Saturday, February 6, 2010

Goat Cheese Pasta


Above copyrighted by Mandi! I am so lazy and bad at putting pics up that now people take pics of them themselves and send to me! LOVE IT! Thanks girl for sending me a great pic!

Lots has been going on here in the Pearce home, we have been "winter cleaning" if you will. I think that we are going to get a bill from the waste management company regarding the large amounts of trash we are putting out! It is so refreshing though to clean closets and the garage out!
Anyways, to move on to a delicious recipe....
Holly from Pilates on Highland inspired me to make this easy recipe that she enjoys herself. It is delicious, we have made it several times.

Goat Cheese Pasta:

Benissimo Brand Italian Olive Oil (this is an olive oil that comes with added seasonings right in the glass jar-add all the flavor you need! It is available at Publix, Whole Foods, etc)
4 Organic Chicken Breast
1 Organic Green Pepper
1 Organic Red Pepper
1 Organic Yellow Pepper
1 Head Organic Broccoli
8 Ounces Organic Whole Wheat Pasta (I like the Bow Ties or Spirals, but you can use whatever you have in the pantry)
Approx 4 ounces of Belle Chevre Goat Cheese (or other type of Goat Cheese but this one is made in alabama and is simply amazing!)
Optional: Toasted Pine Nuts

Instructions:
Chop the peppers, toss in the olive oil and bake on 350 for about 45 minutes (or until they reach your particular texture that you enjoy)

Cook the pasta until al dente and drain

Cut the broccoli where you just have the florets, rinse well. Then get a bowl that will hold the amount of broccoli that you have, wrap the broccoli in a wet paper towel (may need two depending on the amount) and make sure that the paper towel(s) covers all of the broccoli and that it is not damp but rather wet. Then put in microwave for approx 4 minutes, until steamed. By the way this is how I always cook my broccoli!

Cut the chicken in bite size pieces (cubed). Toss the Chicken in the olive oil and add to medium-hot pan. Cook the chicken until done. Don't be afraid to add more of that olive oil if you need it!

Once the peppers are roasted, combine the chicken, pasta, peppers, and broccoli. At this point add about 2 TBS of the olive oil and toss. Then add the goat cheese and combine all. The goat cheese will make the dish creamy and soooo tasty! If you want, add some toasted pine nuts!

This dish is quick and easy, plus it tastes great and is great to warm up for leftovers!
I am working on taking pics of the meals, so next time I make it, I will put a pic up!

Give me feedback if you enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Great dish! Makes plenty for leftovers. Made the mistake of using more oz of pasta than recipe called for so my dish was not that creamy. Still very good! Thanks for sharing! You would be happy to know I even worked on "plating" my dish & took a picture:-) See...you're inspiring people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Maybe you could send me a picture and I will upload it on the website... your contribution! I am glad that you liked it, of course, I love adding extra cheese to make it super creamy!

    ReplyDelete