Monday, January 16, 2012

This week's menu

I NEED SNACK IDEAS!!!!
Breakfast:
Power protein smoothies... recipe to come this week, I promise!

Lunch:
Spinach salads with grilled chicken or tofu, homemade dressing and lots of delicious toppings (avocado, artichoke, peppers, pepperocinis, olives, etc)

Dinner:
Boiled Shrimp with spinach salad
Leftover soup
Crabcakes on a bed or arugula with lemon, olive oil, balsamic dressing (homemade)
Thursday night dinner TBD....

Snacks.... snacks are the hardest thing for me. Many days I don't get home until 7 pm so I must eat a snack or I feel sick and none of my clients want to hear their instructor's intestines making a ton of noise! It is around 3-4 pm that I get hungry, no matter if I had a small or large lunch. I need NEED NEED some ideas for snacks that are easily transportable and filling. I.E. a mozzarella string cheese is not my idea of filling. Fruits are easy, but sometimes the acidity of them ends up hurting my empty stomach... I gladly take your suggestions for healthy snacks

Please leave suggestions if you have a favorite SNACK!


4 comments:

  1. What about Ina's granola bars? Or Annie's has a really good organic pizza snack mix. You could also make a snack mix with dark chocolate, nuts, dried fruit, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep almonds, prunes and other dried fruit at my desk because i LOVE something sweet at snacktime. We also have a work fridge so I keep baby carrots and a tin of hummus in there, along with fruit juice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay...you might not consider this healthy, but it is low in calories and really gives that crunchy fix we all need. Popcorn. I buy the kernels and pop it myself and it'll keep 2 days if you keep it in an airtight zip lock. I get sick of nuts...no matter how good they are for me. I can only handle so many. lol. If I'm feeling bad, I sprinkle a little parmesan cheese on my popcorn ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the comments! I will definitely start including these into my routine!

    ReplyDelete