Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Food Incorporated



We watched the movie Food Inc. twice now. It is an amazing documentary that makes you think about where your food comes from. The way our food industry has changed in such a short period of time to include large amount of corn (Gov't subsidized), soy beans (genetically modified) and instead of farming animals we are now "factoring" them really makes you take a step back. I don't think that it is a coincidence that in the time that our food industry has changed, so has our expanding waist lines... This movie brings a whole new light to the saying "you are what you eat".
Here is a link to their web page... Food Inc.
And here is a way to "take part" in what you eat

I am going to post a link of an article that my massage therapist/ my pilates client wrote regarding Food Inc. She gives an excellent summary of the movie. She writes for the Examiner and has several other articles there that are worth taking time to read.

I cannot recommend this movie more to you to watch and share with all of your friends. I also bought the companion book so as I read through the essays I will update you more on my findings. Go out, buy Organic, and buy Local. Think about what you are eating while eating your next meal!

1 comment:

  1. Kelly, I'm glad you started this blog! I'm looking forward to learning about how to eat in a more healthy way!

    ReplyDelete